Our existing terms conditions and benefits and are currently under review.Qualified Tutor/Lecturer Scale Point 4 – 6; Hourly Rate: £26.43 - £28.87
Unqualified Rate Point 1 - 3; Hourly Rate: £22.77 - £25.20
We are looking for an enthusiastic Cookery tutor to join our innovative and dynamic team who can teach across a range of levels in our well-equipped teaching kitchen at our Shadwell Centre.
We expect the successful tutor to be able to teach baking subjects (e.g. pastries, cakes and breads) as well as African and/or Caribbean Cooking.
You will provide high quality teaching, learning and support for learners in the Post-16 education sector for Tower Hamlets Council.
You will be responsible for delivering excellent teaching and learning on a range of Cookery courses in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets.You will assist the Curriculum Managers to develop courses, schemes of work and assessment strategies which meet the wide ranging needs of learners across the borough.
Detailed knowledge of the subject(s) to be taught.
Aptitude for adapting/developing teaching methods to suit learner needs.
Knowledge and understanding of current best practice in teaching and learning.
Knowledge of and commitment to the protection and safeguarding of learners, including Prevent.
A minimum of a Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering qualification plus any other Cookery related qualification.
- A nationally recognised teaching qualification commensurate with the post (PTLLS, DTLLS or Higher) or evidence of undertaking appropriate study to gain such qualifications.
- Professional experience of teaching cookery to adults in mixed ability groups.
- Professional experience of teaching learners with moderate learning difficulties or disabilities (LLDD).
- Experience of teaching: Cake, Bread and Patisserie Baking and General African/Caribbean Cookery.
- An aptitude for producing documentation evidencing learner progress, planning of learning, assessment and review of teaching and learning within specified deadlines.
- Willingness to work outside of contracted hours evenings and weekends, subject to notice.
- To comply with the requirement to carry out an enhanced DBS check for this role.
Additional Job Board Text
Interviews will be held during the week beginning Monday 20th April 2020.
We encourage applicants to read the person specification thoroughly and to clearly demonstrate that they have the skills, knowledge and experience required for this position when completing their application.