This exciting opportunity will involve supporting the team with a wide range of business administration duties linked to the delivery of training sessions and workforce development. Training is delivered to individuals from a variety of organisations and groups who can contribute towards improving health and wellbeing in Medway. From time to time other administrative and support tasks will be required across the directorate.
A Medway Council Apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to earn a salary and gain a qualification whilst gathering invaluable workplace skills and experience.
An opportunity has arisen for a motivated and enthusiastic Public Health Apprentice to join the Workforce Development team. This is a great chance to gain the Level 2 Business Administration whilst working for the Public Health Workforce Development team.
As part of this role you can expect to undertake the following tasks:
- Provide general administrative support including data entry, data collation, scanning, photocopying and supporting the maintenance of training records
- Assist with the organisation of training by undertaking tasks such as booking venues, ordering refreshments, designing information leaflets and setting up equipment.
- Support the promotion of public health by attending promotional events with colleagues from the Public health directorate.
- Communicate with a wide range of people and agencies via email, telephone and in person.
- Deliver up-to-date information via social media and websites.
- Monitor the A Better Medway Champions email inbox and deal with enquiries appropriately.
- Share information about Public Health England campaigns with Champions, colleagues and partners via email and social media.
- Complete a level 2 Understanding Health Improvement qualification and become a Health Champion as part of our ‘A Better Medway’ programme
- Prepare information packs for training and health promotion events
- Enter data from training evaluations onto the SNAP Survey System
Ideally you will have good communication and interpersonal skills, combined with competent IT skills, accurate data entry along with a good attention to detail. However we are happy to support you to reach those goals if you are highly motivated and have the desire to learn and succeed.
If this sounds like the role for you, then we would encourage you to apply today.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate all essential requirements as listed in the job profile.
As an Apprentice with Medway Council, you will be a valued member of our Apprenticeship Academy. We will encourage and support you to realise your potential. You will have the opportunity to learn from colleagues who are experts in their field and gain insights that can only come from real world experience
We will support you every step of the way for you to succeed in your apprenticeship and help you to become the best version of yourself.
An openness to review and reflect on your performance and progress is important as well as the willingness to accept feedback that will help you to develop and grow in this role.
Medway Council’s Apprenticeship Academy extends to all our Apprentices a guarantee that their apprenticeship qualifications will be regularly monitored and quality assured with the respective training providers.
In return we offer you:
- 23 days paid annual leave
- Generous local government pension
- Access to wider training and development qualifications
- Flexible working scheme
- Free NUS Apprentice Extra Card- student discounts at 100’s of retailers
- Student rates for Medway Council Leisure Centres
- Student rates for Medway Council Libraries plus free e-books
- Discounted Arriva bus travel
If you would like to have an informal discussion with the recruiting manager call Glenn Page, Project Manager (Workforce Development) on 01634 333034.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 3 weeks of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted. All recruitment correspondence, including interview letters and contracts of employment will usually be sent out via email.
Please visit http://www.mindfulemployer.net/ for information on how Medway Council put good practices in place to ensure employees and job applicants who declare mental health issues receive the right level of support.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time prior to the closing date.