Broxbourne Environmental Services Trading Limited (BEST) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Broxbourne Borough Council delivering the Council’s domestic refuse and recycling collections, commercial waste collections, street cleansing, grounds maintenance and cemetery services, plus a range of other activities.
Waste Management Officer (B109)
Starting salary £24,000 (pay award pending)
BEST is looking to recruit an enthusiastic, conscientious Waste Management Officer to provide support for the Waste Management team, to assist in the delivery and development of the waste management and recycling services.
Duties will include:
- Development of service policy and associated communications
- Liaising with the Council’s planning team regarding new developments
- Project work to deliver change and improve service performance
- Development of a communications plan aimed at raising awareness and participation in recycling
- Maintenance/amendment of round data management system
- Performance monitoring and stock control systems
Applications are welcome from candidates who have completed a degree in a relevant discipline, who can apply attention to detail to produce high quality, accurate work. Applicants should also possess well developed research, written and verbal communication and IT skills, and be proficient in scanning a range of diverse information sources and critically reviewing these to make sound judgements.
Applicants must also be able to demonstrate key principles of customer care to ensure any complaints are dealt with professionally. A valid Driving Licence is also requied.
BEST is committed to safer recruitment, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. BEST expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The benefits package includes:
- A full training and development programme
- NEST Pension Scheme membership
- Free membership to two local leisure centres, which includes free access to gyms, swimming pools, fitness classes, racket sport sessions, a health suite and a range of generous discounts across other leisure and culture services
- Comprehensive benefits and discount scheme
BEST is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Details and application forms for all job vacancies are listed on the Borough of Broxbourne website.
Application forms must be submitted online by midnight on Sunday 30 March 2020 quoting the above reference.
BEST c/o Borough Offices, Bishops’ College, Churchgate, Cheshunt, Hertfordshire, EN8 9XQ.
Telephone: 01992 785509, Email: email@example.com