Duty & Assessment Team (DAAT) Children’s Services
£33,568 to £36,597
£41,318 to £43,273
Northamptonshire County Council
37 hours per week
Plans are progressing for children’s services to transfer to an independent children’s trust in July 2020. We have appointed a Chair for the New Trust and are committed to provide career development opportunities to our staff with new career structures and pay arrangements from April 2020
Our Duty and Assessment service is the single point of contact for all safeguarding concerns relating to children and young people in Northamptonshire. There are 6 teams within DAAT, each team consists of a Team Manager, Advanced Practitioner, who holds complex cases and supports 5 or 6 Social Workers and a Newly Qualified Social Worker within their team. We collaborate with other professionals to ensure immediate and prompt responses. Their combined knowledge and expertise keep children and young people in Northamptonshire safe from harm. We are supporting excellence in Social Work practice, with a signs of safety based approach, and clear personal development opportunities for the right candidates.
The Role (s)
You will be a qualified social worker, who has completed your ASYE, and have the commitment and passion to be at the forefront of delivering best practice and support to children and families. You will be able to manage a complex and diverse caseload to the required standards. With a rotating duty element, we work at pace and to tight deadlines, completing robust short-term quality assessments of need, ensuring the right service provision is in place and that the child's voice is evident throughout.
The Advanced Practitioner will be confident in their analysis and decision making to deliver purposeful and effective social care. You will be skilled in supervision, performance management and improvement techniques to ensure high quality of practice.
Both roles the candidate will have a strong desire to develop social work expertise to support the Children’s Trust with its improvement journey.
What We Offer
- 2 day Induction Programme
- Mandatory Signs of Safety training
- Opportunities for career progression
- Support and training from our Advanced Practitioners / Team Managers
- Monthly high quality supervision
- 27 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays, an additional 5 days after 5 years’ service
- Opportunity to buy back up to 5 weeks of additional holiday each year
- Subsidised pension scheme
- Additional 12 weeks of maternity leave at 50%
- Employee discount scheme
- Personal Car Leasing Scheme through Salary Sacrifice
- Up to £8,000 relocation payment
- £4,000 recruitment bonus for Social Workers & £3,000 for Advanced Practitioner (paid in 2 equal instalments in month 1 and month 6, after completion of probationary period )
- An onsite academy delivering a variety of learning & development opportunities
- There is free parking at Delapre Golf Centre for the Criminal Justice Centre
For an informal discussion about the role please contact email@example.com and the recruitment team will make an appointment with the relevant service manager.
This post is covered by the statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent English is an essential requirement for the role.
Enhanced DBS clearance and HCPC registration required. Some posts in MASH and First Response (s47) teams are based in the Criminal Justice Centre (CJC) and are therefore subject to annual vetting by Northamptonshire Police. This clearance is required to undertake the role.
Please note we reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the closing date should we have sufficient applications.