Salary: dependent on experience:
Band 8 £28,785 – £31,370 p.a. – educated to degree level as a minimum;
Band 10 £34,787 – £38,813 p.a. – qualified lawyer (solicitor, barrister or chartered legal executive)
Band 12 £43,661 – £47,566 p.a. – 2-4 years PQE
DBS Disclosure at Standard level will be required prior to any offer of employment and this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
At Portsmouth City Council we are all about developing our staff to build a bigger and better city – and we need the best employees to do so.
With a little over 207,000 residents and 8,000 businesses throughout the city of Portsmouth, this unitary authority’s main goal is to ensure the best care and development of all who live and work here. From customer service to multi-million pound projects, our residents and business entrepreneurs are at the heart of everything we do.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and highly skilled professional to join the Projects, Procurement and Commercial legal team to provide quality advice and support to all departments of the Council on a wide range of matters relating primarily to companies and local government law.
The role will involve working closely with a range of departments across the council, advising members and committees as well as key external stakeholders.
What is the role?
You will need a good working knowledge and awareness of developments in relevant areas of law, the ability to maintain good working relationships and be able to promote and maintain effective working practices, whilst complying with the highest practice standards as embedded in our LEXCEL accreditation.
What you will get in return:
An excellent package of benefits, including:
- Flexible working hours;
- Excellent working environment;
- Membership to a fantastic pension – the Local Government Pension Scheme;
- Up to 30 days annual leave;
- 12 days additional flexi leave per year (subject to operational requirements);
- Option to buy up to 10 days additional annual leave;
- Staff discounts for travel/ local concessions;
- Cycle to work / car benefit scheme;
- Season ticket loans;
- Discounted membership at a multi-site leisure centres within the city of Portsmouth; and
- The opportunity to develop your future within the legal services Career Development Framework.