This is a superb opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated professional to join the dynamic Delivery and Infrastructure Service at Wokingham Borough Council.
Working within the Flood Risk & Drainage team, your role will be mainly to assist in providing flood risk and drainage comments for planning behalf of the Council.
You will be a highly motivated and versatile individual with great analytical skills and the drive to make a significant contribution to our team. You should preferably have a background in flood risk and Drainage, with good computer skills along with knowledge of related software. Also, knowledge and understanding of the relevant associated legislative guidance documents will be required.
This vacancy is for the role of Specialist level 3 in the flood risk and drainage team, where you would be expected to provide specialist/expert advice on planning applications for all development within the Borough. The role covers a variety of activities which include (but are not limited to):
- Review and provide consultation responses to planning applications.
- Work with developers to ensure that drainage details submitted for adoption are satisfactory and comply with the requirements.
- Promote the council’s SuDS strategy in pre-application discussions.
- Engage in discussions with highways on the drainage aspects of s38 and s278 for highway drainage to ensure they represent what is approved.
- Deliver the responsibilities of the Lead Local Flood Authority including review of and delivery of the actions in the Local Flood Risk Management Strategy.
- Update the WBC asset register
- Consider and implement designation of structures under section 21 of the FWMA 2010.
- Delivery of capital drainage schemes.
- Delivery of flood risk management schemes through bidding for funding from Defra and the Environment Agency.
- Keep up to date with drainage and flooding issues within the Borough.
With the variety of things to do, no two days will be the same.
- Experience in reviewing and commenting on FRA’s
- working knowledge of the FWMA (2010)
- familiarity with s38 & s278 for drainage adoption
- Driving licence and use of own car
Located in Wokingham, this is an exciting time to join us as the Council looks at delivering 10,000 homes by 2026. The Council has undergone significant change in the last few months following a move to the Borough’s 21st Century Council model and now is the time to deliver.
Wokingham Borough Council offers a range of employee benefits including; competitive pay, generous annual leave, flexible working opportunities and an excellent pension. Closing date for applications is Sunday 5th April 2020 with interviews expected on 14th April 2020.
For more information about the role please contact the Flood Risk Manager, Boniface Ngu, on Boniface.Ngu@wokingham.gov.uk or Francesca Hobson at Francesca.firstname.lastname@example.org