Here at Sevenoaks we pride ourselves on treating both our employees and communities we serve with dignity and respect. We are an award winning Council having achieved the Guardian Public Service Awards 2016 for being financially self-sufficient, are one of the few organisations in the country to retain its Platinum Investors in People status. We were voted LGC Council of the Year 2017 and won a Pushing the Boundaries of Innovation award in 2018.
A key part of the Commercial Operations & Trading Manager’s role will be to develop and implement new commercial ventures within paid-for services that support the Council’s financial objectives. In addition, the role will provide operational support to the Head of Direct Services on all tactical matters related to Trading Activities, Depot Health & Safety, Commercial Waste, Street Cleansing, Depot Management, Waste & Recycling, Transport, Fleet, Workshops and Environmental Enforcement.
Direct Services has approximately 110 operational staff working across the various functions; you will enjoy working with a team of competent specialists and have responsibility for three direct line management reports.
The Successful Applicant will have:
- Operational experience of working in a range of functions encompassed by Direct Services.
- A demonstrable track record of managing multiple commercial projects, and of developing business growth opportunities as well as joint ventures within these Service areas.
- Highly numerate with proven ability to lead complex commercial negotiations with an attention to detail.
- Strong stakeholder management and relationship management skills.
- Performance management experience and of driving out inefficiencies through improved methods of working, equipment and the use of technology.
- A strong financial modelling background.
Interested in the role and want to know more?
Please contact Trevor Kennett, Head of Direct Services on 01732 227 407 for an informal discussion about the role.
Need advice on how to ensure you have the best chance of being shortlisted?
Read the Job Description and Personal Specification attached to the role and ensure that your supporting statement explains how you meet these requirements as your application will be judged against these criteria.
How to get to us:
Sevenoaks is only half an hour from central London by train. You will be based at Dunbrik Depot located at 2 Main Road, Sundridge. TN14 6EP. A free staff car park is available on site.
Selection process & Interviews: w/c 23 March 2020
If you’re ready for your next challenge, we’d love to hear from you!