EDUCATION & CHILDREN'S SERVICES
SCHOOL SWIMMING INSTRUCTOR
Salary - £24,462 - £26,745 (The salary advertised is for full time work, the positions offered are part time and term time, actual salary will be adjusted proportionately).
25 hours x 30 weeks term time only.
(Monday 5 hours, Tuesday 5 hours, Wednesday: 5 hours, Thursday: 5 hours and Friday 5 hours) 9.15am to 12.15pm and 1.15pm to 3.15pm
Are you passionate about teaching children to swim and improving the skills of children who can already swim?
The School & Early Years Improvement Service organises a swimming programme for many of the Primary and Special Schools in Enfield. As a qualified and experienced Swimming Instructor this post will involve teaching groups of pupils swimming, following the Enfield Swimming Scheme of Work.
This post will be based on a rota at six pools within Enfield and you will be working as part of an experienced team. Applicants will need to travel around the Borough in relation to pool allocation.
Requirements for the job include: -
Experience of school swimming teaching (including special educational needs)
- ASA aquatics swimming teaching level 2 Qualification
- RLSS NPLQ (National Pool Lifeguard Qualification) or at least an RLSS/ASA Teachers Rescue Award
- Current First Aid Certificate
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
For an informal discussion regarding the post please phone Sharon Davies on 07944 038596.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing date: Midnight Wednesday 11th March 2020
Interview date(s): TBC
The ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for this post
The salary advertised is for full time work, the positions offered are part time and term time, actual salary will be adjusted proportionately.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Vickie McGrath on 0208 132 1053 or firstname.lastname@example.org. A textphone (minicom) is provided for those with a hearing or speech impairment on 020 8379 4419.
“This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment”.