Support & Safeguarding Children’s Services
Social Worker £33,568 to £36,597 - One Angel Square, Kettering or Wellingborough &
Advanced Practitioner £41,318 to £43,273 - One Angel Square
Northamptonshire County Council
37 hours per week
Plans are progressing for children’s services to transfer to an independent children’s trust in July 2020. We have appointed a Chair for the New Trust and are committed to provide career development opportunities to our staff with new career structures and pay arrangements from April 2020.
The safeguarding teams are working to focus on creative problem solving and keeping children and families together. There are 14 safeguarding teams, across Northamptonshire, each team consists of a Team Manager, Advanced Practitioners, who holds complex cases and supports 5 or 6 Social Workers and a Newly Qualified Social Worker within their team. We are supporting excellence in Social Work practice, with a signs of safety based approach, and clear personal development opportunities for the right candidates.
The Role (s)
You will be a qualified social worker, who has completed your ASYE, and have the commitment and passion to be at the forefront of delivering best practice and support to children and families. You will be able to manage a complex and diverse caseload to the required standards.
The Advanced Practitioner will be confident in their analysis and decision making to deliver purposeful and effective social care. You will be skilled in supervision, performance management and improvement techniques to ensure high quality of practice.
Both roles the candidate will have a strong desire to develop social work expertise to support the Children’s Trust with its improvement journey.
What We Offer
- 2 day Induction Programme
- Mandatory Signs of Safety training
- Opportunities for career progression
- Support and training from our Consultant Social Workers / Team Managers
- Monthly high quality supervision
- 27 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays, an additional 5 days after 5 years’ service
- Opportunity to buy back up to 5 weeks of additional holiday each year
- Subsidised pension scheme
- Additional 12 weeks of maternity leave at 50%
- Employee discount scheme
- Personal Car Leasing Scheme through Salary Sacrifice
- Up to £8,000 relocation payment
- £4,000 recruitment bonus for Social Workers & £3,000 for Advanced Practitioner (paid in 2 equal instalments in month 1 and month 6, after completion of probationary period )
- An onsite academy delivering a variety of learning & development opportunities
For an informal discussion about the role please contact email@example.com and the recruitment team will make an appointment with the relevant service manager.
This post is covered by the statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent English is an essential requirement for the role.
Enhanced DBS clearance and HCPC registration required. Some posts in MASH and DAAT (s47) teams are based in the Criminal Justice Centre (CJC) and are therefore subject to annual vetting by Northamptonshire Police. This clearance is required to undertake the role.
Please note we reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the closing date should we have sufficient applications