We are introducing this new transformational role to be an instrumental player in delivering our ambitious Customer Experience Strategy. We are really proud of our new strategy which you can read about here.
You may not have worked in the public sector before or ever considered it, but that’s ok – what matters to us is that you are someone with a track record of delivering exceptional customer service in a forward-thinking customer centric organisation. The role requires energy, tenacity and a passion for achieving excellence for our customers and taking the organisation on a journey to achieve this.
Fundamentally this role is about giving the customers of Reading Borough Council an exemplary service and one that will genuinely make a difference to our communities. The new customer experience strategy sets out our 4 year vision, roadmap and commitment to making this difference and we need someone that will champion world-class service and drive our customer experience ethos across the organisation.
You’ll be working in a fast-paced environment with multiple demands competing for your attention, so you’ll need to work very closely with the wider organisation to deliver an incredibly varied and often complex set of customer services. These include core functions such as housing and council tax, as well as supporting adult social care, development and planning and environmental services. No day is likely to be the same!
About the role
The role is split into two main areas of responsibility:
- Running and developing our customer service operations, including establishing a new customer fulfilment team and support teams, policies, recruitment, KPIs, working with key stakeholders across the organisation to deliver against continually improving SLA’s
- Looking at every touch point we have with our customers and the customer journey to ensure the experience is consistent and great, and delivering the customer experience vision through the newly established programme Operation Charm.
You will be:
- A visionary leader, a great team player and you are experienced in managing a team to success.
- You know what great looks like and want to be part of a customer focused organisation that values putting our customers at the heart of what we do.
- Attuned to people’s needs, practical, creative, fast-thinking – constantly on your feet and aware others are counting on you
- Results driven and a great methodologist – multi-tasking and delivering and embedding change programmes is a breeze
- Experienced in developing and delivering new customer experience capabilities through digital and culture initiatives
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence, negotiate and inspire to achieve results
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 30 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- Maternity, adoption, parental and sick pay
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Life Assurance - three times your annual salary (for members of the LGPS)
- Employee Assistance Programme - round-the-clock access to free, impartial and completely confidential support and advice from trained therapists and legal experts
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Season Ticket Loan - a loan to help with the cost of your rail or bus journey, to and from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
- Salary sacrifice scheme for Additional Voluntary Contributions (AVCs) to help you save for your retirement
- Shopping vouchers and money off deals
- Relocation scheme offering up to £8,000 towards the cost of relocating permanently to Reading (only for approved posts)
For more information on this position please contact Isabel.EdgarBriancon@reading.gov.uk
Closing Date: 09th March 2020
Interview Date: 18th March 2020
Please note that these dates are indicative at this stage and may be subject to change