An opportunity has arisen within West SOAMHS for a Social Worker M11 (28hrs a week) to the Specialist Older Peoples Mental Health Service based at Millview Hospital in Hove for 12 months.
We would be happy to consider anyone who would like to apply on the basis of a secondment from their substantive job. If you would like to apply on the basis of a secondment please get the agreement from your manager before applying.
For an informal discussion, please contact Izzy Waterman on Tel: 0300 304 0080
Interview Date: TBC
About the role
As a Social Worker you will support the delivery of statutory duties placed upon us by the Care Act carrying and other tasks related to the provision of Mental Health Services. These duties will relate to individuals, families and carers in accordance with relevant statutory legislation. This post is part of the Community Assessment and Treatment services providing mental health services to Brighton and Hove.
We are looking for someone with relevant experience of holding complex casework, someone who has high professional standards and who is keen to continue their professional development. An excellent knowledge of current legislation such as the Care Act and Mental Capacity Act is essential.
You will receive regular supervision and support and have opportunities for ongoing development and specialist training.
The post holder will be responsible for:
- Providing advice to staff about proportionate and personalised responses to service users and their carers.
- Helping to embed consideration of strengths and relationship based practice in all of our assessment processes.
- Providing a specialist view and/or intervention in the assessment and management of risk
The successful candidate will:
- Be a qualified social worker.
- Confident in their knowledge and experience of safeguarding vulnerable adults and the assessment of risk.
- Have an understanding of the importance of information and advice in supporting people to maintain their own independence and wellbeing