Full Time - Maternity cover until November 2020 – 37 Hours Per Week - £18,795 up to £19,554 p/a, plus 15% shift allowance
We are looking for an exceptional person to fill this key position in our seven day a week operation across the leading banqueting and cultural venue in Reading.
Your role will be to perform a wide range of duties including:
- the first point of contact for clients and visitors
- setting rooms and equipment
- maintenance tasks, housekeeping, and health and safety
- café, bar, delivering catering and reception work.
About The Role:
You will often be the first point of contact for our clients and visitors so you will be able to deliver outstanding customer service at all times. Nothing will be too much trouble for you.
You will respond to all our clients with a positive, constructive and 'can do attitude' as you will work to ensure that every visitor will want to return again and again.
As you develop in your role you will be happy to duty manage events and functions.
Working across the whole Town Hall complex you will need to be a great team worker, a real people person, have high presentation standards and be able to put your hand to anything.
This is a very active role and you will need to be physically fit.
We operate a shift system so you must be able to work evenings and weekends.
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays
- Maternity, adoption, parental and sick pay
- A flexible working rota
- Access to a range of training and learning opportunities to help you develop
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance - three times your annual salary (for members of the LGPS)
- Employee Assistance Programme - round-the-clock access to free, impartial and completely confidential support and advice from trained therapists and legal experts
For more information on this position please contact Damion Parsons (Operations & Cafe Manager) on email@example.com or call 0118 937 4952.