Hillingdon Council: Putting our residents first.
About the job
There are now some permanent positions available within our newly structured Waste Services team to drive our refuse/recycling vehicles. This is an exciting time to join Hillingdon Council to make a positive contribution to the residents’ environment.
On a daily basis, you will drive an Heavy/Large Goods vehicle (HGV/LGV) on a pre-determined route to collect refuse/recycling.
You will be responsible for the upkeep of the the vehicle throughout the day and on a daily basis complete a vehicle check and all vehicle checklists, highlighting any issues with the vehicle promptly.
You will work closely with the Ganger to ensure safe manoeuvring of the vehicle on the round and at the disposal sites.
About the person
We are looking for individuals who have a good knowledge of the borough with a valid full driving licence and the ability to drive an HGV/LGV vehicle. You will also have a good work ethic as you will need to be flexible with your start and finish times of work.
You must hold a current digital drivers card for recording hours and evidence current CPC hours obtained.A good level of fitness is essential to ensure you can contribute to manual handling and lifting of refuse/recycling containers.
Please note that this position attracts a Market Factor Supplement of £6720, which is a non-contractual payment (this will be subject to annual reviews of the labour market conditions).We offer a range of company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 23 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- season ticket loan
- childcare vouchers in school summer holidays
- access to a Credit Union
- on-site staff restaurant at Civic Centre
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
Additional Information continued
Disability Confident Employer
& Chartered Institute of Public Finance & Accountancy