At our friendly primary school in Caversham, staff, pupils and parents are proud to be part of the Thameside community and we think you will be too.
We are looking for 2 x 1:1 SEND Teaching Assistants to join us - part time 30 hours per week - £12,742.
Monday – Friday, term-time only
Working alongside the Class Teacher, duties may include:
- providing 1-1 support for a named child with complex SEN needs
- helping to plan for that child and create a suitable learning environment for that child
- supporting individual pupils and small groups in their learning, both indoors and outdoors
- observing how pupils learn and assessing further learning needs
- supporting the teacher with all aspects of children’s learning, including administrative support
- assisting with setting up the classroom, preparing resources and creating classroom displays.
We are looking for supportive teaching assistants with:
- Previous experience of working with children with SEND and/or an EYFS qualification would be an advantage but not essential.
- a good standard of English and Maths is essential, effective communication skills and a commitment to teamwork;
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed, please contact us to make an appointment or request an application on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0118 937 5551.
You can also download an application pack via the school’s website www.thameside.reading.sch.uk (About us, Come & Work for us!)
The school is committed to safeguarding children and is an equal opportunity provider.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure.
Closing date for applications is: Tuesday 17th March 2020
Interview date will be: Monday 23rd March 2020