Position: Estates Surveyor
Grade H: £29,636- £32,878 per annum
Post No: DR306
37 Hours per week
Benefits to you:
- Essential Car User Allowance
- Flexitime scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Payment of one professional fee per annum
- Discounted Leisure Centre membership
- 25 days holiday increasing to 30 after 5 years continuous service
- Cycle Scheme
- Free Car Parking
The Corporate Property Team at Cannock Chase Council manages the Council’s portfolio of corporate property assets which includes a diverse range of operational and non-operational land, properties and structures.
We are looking for a highly motivated Estates Surveyor who will play a key role in supporting the Principal Estates Surveyor in the management of the Council’s portfolio of shops, offices, industrial, land, operational and community buildings and ensuring a growing and sustainable rental income and community benefit.
The main responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Undertake the management of the negotiations for the sale, purchase, lease, or the temporary use of land and buildings for the Council and co-ordinate arrangements through to completion. Ensure tenants are complying with legislation as appropriate. (e.g. health & safety, insurance)
- Support the Asset Management planning process including performance monitoring, marketing and disposal of vacant land and property.
- Undertake the day-to-day estate management in respect of the Council's portfolio and deal with encroachments, boundary disputes and other land ownership issues.
- To set a programme and manage workloads to ensure that all rent reviews, lease renewals, and other professional events are dealt with in adequate time, including the management of lettings.
You should posses the ability to negotiate commercial deals including rent reviews and lease renewals and demonstrate good working knowledge of Landlord and Tenant law, and valuation methodology. You will be capable of effective communication with people at all levels both internally of the organisation and externally and have IT skills to use Microsoft Office packages (including Word and Excel) and Asset Management System software in your day to day work. You should also be able to organise workloads effectively and have developed networking and partnership working skills which deliver agreed outcomes.
You will have a full relevant Estate Surveying qualification with experience in estate management and valuations and ideally have experience within a similar local authority role. Member status with the RICS (MRICS), or equivalent would also be considered desirable.
For an informal discussion please contact Amanda Laight, Corporate Asset Manager or Rhiannon Holland, Principal Estates Surveyor on 01543 464526.
To apply for this vacancy online please go to https://cannock.engageats.co.uk/welcome.aspx
Alternatively please telephone 01543 462621 or write to HR Services, Cannock Chase Council, Civic Centre, Beecroft Road, Cannock, Staffordshire, WS11 1BG or e-mail email@example.com quoting post number DR306
The closing date for receipt of completed applications is Wednesday 11th March 2020.