Case Officers in the Business and Income Theme are responsible for the collection and recovery of the Council’s revenue income including council tax, business rates, rents and service charges.
In this role you will primarily be responsible for the collection of Council Tax, Business Rates, overpayment of Housing Benefit, former tenant arrears and sundry debts, working with systems including Academy, Orchard, Civica EDM and automated payment systems. Responsibilities will include updating and maintaining the Council Tax and NNDR Database in line with current legislation, providing advice and support to both commercial and domestic customers who are having difficulty in maintaining their accounts and negotiating and monitoring realistic repayment agreements.
As a Level 2 (TA1) Case Officer you will need a flexible and adaptable working style, a willingness to learn complex legislation and be proficient in the use of technology. Experience of working in a revenue collection environment or knowledge of income collection and recovery processes within a local authority environment would be an advantage.
The ideal applicant will:
- Have experience of income collection and recovery
- Have an understanding of the Council Tax and Business Rate collection process
- Understand relevant legislation in relation to Council Tax and Business Rate
- Have excellent customer service and communication skills both in person and on the telephone
- Be a team player who can work in a flexible and supportive manner
- Be able to handle multiple tasks at once and manage their own time well
- Deliver their work to a consistently high standard
- Understand the importance of confidentiality
- Have excellent IT skills, proficient in using Microsoft Office
Interviews will take place on the week commencing 9 March.
How to Apply