Greenleaf Primary School is looking to appoint two Teaching Assistants to work in KS2 classes, initially either Year 5 or Year 6.
We are looking for enthusiastic, self-motivated professionals to join our school. You will be assisting teachers in supporting children's learning, social and welfare needs, including children with special education needs.
The successful applicant will:
- have knowledge of KS2 SATs (preferable)
- have experience in supporting pupils with learning difficulties
- be enthusiastic, confident and able to show initiative
- be an effective communicator with pupils and staff
- be competent in the use of ICT
- hold at least an A – C pass in GCSE English and Maths (or equivalent)
- have the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with pupils, treating them with respect and consideration.
The successful applicant would be expected to:
- work under direct supervision of the class teacher and at times be expected to use their own initiative to organise activities and tasks and lead small groups of pupils
- use initiative and contribute to creating a stimulating and purposeful learning environment.
- work in partnership with other teaching assistants
- provide feedback to the class teacher on the pupil or pupils' progress
- support the class teacher in planning differentiated work for the pupi/pupils
- create simple resources to support the pupils' work, as appropriate
- .attend INSET days and training as identified by the Headteacher
We are committed to a child-centred education and to ensuring that every child in our community has access to the highest possible standard of education. Our ethos is Aim High, Work Hard, Be kind. We are a fully accredited International School and are committed to developing our international links and embedding the global dimension still further into our work.
To join our team please download an application pack from our website www.greenleafschool.org.uk and return either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Greenleaf Primary School, Greenleaf Road, Walthamstow London E17 6QW. If you wish to visit the school prior to submitting your application please email email@example.com to make an appointment.
Greenleaf School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people as a priority. This includes a commitment to robust recruitment, selection and induction procedures. The successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, then unfortunately, on this occasion, your application has been unsuccessful. (Due to the number of applicants it is not possible to contact every candidate individually).