An exciting opportunity to work as an Apprentice in the Chief Executive’s office, you will work as an Assistant PA learning all aspects of the role. We offer an 18 month fixed term contract, with the possibility of it turning into a permanent contract, during which we will work in partnership with a training provider to help you achieve a level 3 Apprenticeship. https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/business-administrator/
The role will include:
- Provision of a range of administrative and secretarial support to meet the specific requirements and processes of the Chief Executive & Resources Directorate.
- Efficient and timely diary management.
- A range of financial tasks using Agresso.
- Support the PA to the Chief Executive in meeting all statutory requirements.
- Liaise with colleagues as appropriate to maintain effective communication links.
Please view the job description available to download for further information.
You will need good communication and organisational skills but most importantly is a willingness to play a part in a busy team. This is a great opportunity to gain experience by working in the heart of the Council.
This role has been identified as public facing in accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2017; the requirement to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence in English applies.
West Berkshire Council offer excellent employment benefits such as flexible working, access to a wide range of relevant training, local government pension scheme, family friendly policies, a range of local discounts and much more. You will also be entitled to a generous annual leave entitlement of 27 days per annum rising to a maximum of 32 days.
For an informal discussion please contact Rachel Brown, PA to the Chief Executive, email: email@example.com or phone (01635) 519619
This is a fixed term post until 31/12/2021 - Apprenticeship