You will be joining a busy, friendly team undertaking a range of corporate property management functions, commercial and residential property valuations investment purchases and property disposals to efficiently manage the Council’s property portfolio
About the roles
- You will support the Team Leader in carrying out valuations for statutory and non-statutory purposes including asset valuations, insurance valuations, and right to buys.
- Assist in negotiating terms and managing all aspects of disposal and acquisition of land /buildings for financial or regeneration/development purposes.
- Undertake day to day management of the corporate estate and complete a wide range of Landlord & Tenant work including lettings, reviews, renewals, dilapidations/repairs.
Essential experience required for this role:
- Chartered Surveyor or equivalent with post qualification experience.
- Experience of dealing with a broad spectrum of different property types, including commercial, residential and community property valuations.
- Some experience of asset management work within a Local Authority portfolio and/or the private sector.
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
- Access to a range of training and learning opportunities to help you develop
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Life Assurance - three times your annual salary (for members of the LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Season Ticket Loan - a loan to help with the cost of your rail or bus journey, to and from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
- Salary sacrifice scheme for Additional Voluntary Contributions (AVCs) to help you save for your retirement
- 'Your Reading Passport' scheme - competitive rates for local gyms
For more information on this position please contact email@example.com.
Closing Date: 24th February 2020
Interview Date: week commencing 2nd March 2020
Please note that these dates are indicative at this stage and may be subject to change