An exciting opportunity has presented itself within the Business Support Service for a highly organised, enthusiastic and confident individual able to rise to the challenges of a busy support service. Ability to work independently and use own initiative with a confident and positive attitude towards working with all stakeholders. Front of house experience would be desirable.
Principal accountabilities for this role include:
- Having a customer focussed approach to service delivery,
- Providing high quality reception support for a busy corporate building;
- To assist in the setting up and clearing of refreshments for events;
- Opening and distributing incoming mail and dealing with outgoing mail;
- Scanning and filing documents by the using the Council’s EDM system;
- Typing routine documents and correspondence that do not form part of the service model;
- Ordering and processing invoices via the Council’s E Purchasing system;
- Updating spreadsheets and databases via data entry.
- General administration, mail, scanning, typing, photocopying, etc.
- To comply with the Data Protection Act and to maintain confidentiality at all times
- To adhere to the principles of the Corporate Equality Policy and ensure commitment to Anti-Discriminatory practice.
Please be advised that some early starts / late finished and weekend work may be required on occasion.
Experience of working in a business support environment and dealing with a wide variety of requests and issues together with a rounded knowledge of Council services will be of great advantage in this role.
If you require more specific information on the roles, please contact Mandy Butcher on: 01495 355341.
The position carries an Approved Casual Car User Allowance therefore access to a vehicle for work purposes is a requirement.
Closing Date: 20/02/2020
Interview Date: 04/03/2020