Job Title: Waking Night Support Worker
Location: Scarborough House, 395 Scarborough Avenue, Stevenage SG1 2QA
Salary: £9.74 - £10.54 per hour plus Market Forces Payment £1300 pro rata (non contractual)* subject to criteria, plus enhancement for working nights
Hours: 21 hours (two nights) per week available
THIS POSITION WILL INCLUDE WORK PATTERNS THAT INCLUDE WEEKDAYS AND WEEKENDS
For an informal discussion regarding things role please contact Lesley Simpson or Vicki Price
At Scarborough House we are proud of supporting adults with varying disabilities to give them the platform to maintain independence in their lives. We help them to get the most out of life. As part of that team you will support them throughout the night by giving both practical and emotional support. In return we’ll give you all the training, support and development opportunities you need to make the most of this rewarding role and achieve your individual goals in life.
Nearest Bus Stop: Filey Close by shopping precinct, opposite Scarborough House (Routes SB8 and SB9). Please follow this link for route information: https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/herts-and-essex/places/stevenage/ . Please Note there is no service after 7.00pm.
Nearest Train Station: Stevenage Station, Lytton Stevenage SG1 1XT, 0.5m, 9 min walk. Please follow link for travel information. https://www.northernrail-way.co.uk
About the job:
- To support service users, in line with their support plans, including people with complex emotional and physical needs to maximise and maintain their independence.
- Promote good practice, undertake medication duties, including administration and recording
- To be responsible for handling of service users finances in line with support plans.
- Support service users to maintain their home environment
- Participate in improving the quality of service experienced by the people we support.
- The ability to reflect on your own experiences and practice to build professional relationships with service users, family carers and other agencies in order to understand the needs and rights of disabled adults.
- Confident in the use of a computer to organise and record information clearly and accurately.
- Always aware of risks and how they can be minimised ensuring the health and safety of colleagues and the people you support.
What we can offer you:
- A varied and stimulating range of work and the opportunity to join a highly regarded team committed to continuously improving and delivering exciting innovative opportunities.
- We are committed to developing and offering ongoing support, including the opportunity to work towards your RQF qualifications.
- Herts Rewards – giving you great shopping discounts and local offers (e.g. Asda, Sainsburys, New Look, M&S).
- Incredibly generous Local Government Pension Scheme.
As part of the application you will be required to complete a pre-determined test on a computer and provide a full supporting statement detailing your suitability based on the requirements of the role detailed on the job outline, as we are unable to accept applications without these.
If you would like to arrange a visit or would like an informal chat about the role, please feel free to call Lesley Simpson or Vicki Price on 01438 361196
Closing date: 16 February 2020
Interview date: 24 & 25 February 2020