Job Title: Fostering Team Manager
Location: Farnham Stevenage Hertfordshire
Salary Range: Starting from £45,591 to £48,531 plus £4,000 annual market forces entitlement
Hours: Full Time - 37.5 hours
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Fostering Service as a Team manager in Farnham Stevenage.
The Fostering service is starting a new and innovative Fostering Strategy 2020 -2022, to increase the number of foster carers recruited and to build on our models of support for carers, children and young people. We have a strong, positive reputation and focus on supporting our foster carers to underpin the best outcomes for our children and young people.
Hertfordshire is making great progress on the continual improvement of the service, with recent innovation of the Mockingbird Family Model which offers excellent support to communities of carers and embedding the ARC (Attachment Regulation and Competency) Model to help foster carers understand and work with children through a trauma lens.
At Hertfordshire we are rated as outstanding for our Leadership and Management. We are a supportive management team, you will have the opportunity to fully utilise your skills and experience and develop organically in your role.
As part of our dynamic management team you will be
- A leader with sound knowledge of Fostering Regulations and National Minimum Standards; and substantial experience in fostering, safeguarding and assessment preferably at management level.
- You will need to be a qualified social worker. You will lead a small team of Supervising social worker with a responsibility for over 100 fostering households.
- You will build on our success and drive our utilisation, to ensure that foster carers are supported to improve outcomes and stability for our children looked after.
Hertfordshire County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all of our employees. This includes:
- Competitive Salary Starting from £42,032 – up to £44,743 plus £4000 annual market forces entitlement
- Free parking at all of our sites
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Childcare Vouchers
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Staff discounts in gyms, travel agents, car sales, restaurants and days out – please visit www.hertsrewards.co.uk for more detail.
For an informal discussion please contact Lynn Costello, Service Manager: 07580 744106
Closing date: 19th July 2020
Interview date: To be confirmed
Benefits of Working for HCC:
- Flexible Working Arrangements (depending on the role)
- Excellent Career Development
- Salary Exchange for Additional Benefits
- Excellent Pension Scheme with Employer Contributions
- Shopping Discounts
- Support Groups & Wellbeing Schemes
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.