South West Procurement Alliance and the Welsh Procurement Alliance are well-established not-for-profit organisations providing procurement support to Local Authority and Housing Association clients. Our mission is to deliver better homes and buildings in the South West and Wales that enhances the quality of life enjoyed by the local communities we serve.We are forward thinking organisations, developing rapidly and looking for a well organised individual, who has great interpersonal skills and strong commercial, numeracy and analytical skills.
What you will be doing
- In essence, bring procurement expertise to the clients (large social housing landlords), give advice on the construction based frameworks to the procurement professionals within those organisations and ensure smooth and easy use
- You will be responsible for the day to day management of WPA/SWPA client projects throughout the period from project registration to contract award
- It will also involve maintaining regular contact with the representatives of the companies appointed to the regional frameworks to support them through the projects
- Be part of the LHC team to exchange information and to be up to date with all aspects of the frameworks both technically and legislatively
- Probably most important of all is to support your teammates from the SWPA and WPA and inspire the team to deliver first class performance
What you will need
- Knowledge of Public Sector Procurement Regulations in England and Wales and experience of undertaking regulated procurement of goods and services
- Accreditation as MCIPS or working towards – as a minimum should have Diploma Level 5.
- Experience in working with CRM systems and excellent time management and organisational skills.
- This role will need great interpersonal and communication skills both with clients, approved contractors and people within the organisation.
- There is a degree of flexibility in terms of location – the 2 regional offices are in Exeter and Cardiff but you will not need to be in the office all the time as there will be meeting on site or in clients offices and a lot of work could be carried out in a home base.
What you get
- Basic salary Grade POC which starts at £41,675.
- Company car/allowance.
- Local Government Pension Scheme.
- 33 days holiday plus public holidays.
- 36 hour week.
- Cycle purchase scheme.
If you are interested contact me, Chris Pye, by email email@example.com, or mobile phone 07727-017008 and I will give you more details.
Additional Information continued
Disability Confident Employer
& Chartered Institute of Public Finance & Accountancy