Team: Linsell House
Job Family: Providing- CBG5
Salary: £18,795 - £19,171 per annum
Hours: Full-time 37 hours per week
Base Location: Linsell House, Dunstable
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing Date: 21st February 2020
Interview Date: W/C 2nd March 2020
More about the role:
Our team at Linsell House are passionate about providing adults with Learning Disabilities within our care a 'home from home' environment, which is safe, stimulating and welcoming. We are situated in Dunstable, a town in Central Bedfordshire with good transport links providing easy access to the A5, M1 and train links. Only 15/30 minutes travelling time from Luton, Stevenage, Flitwick, Bedford and Milton Keynes, we are ideally situated if you are looking to commute.
At Central Bedfordshire Council you will be supported to find your greatness. We are looking for an organised, attentive and motivated team player to join us as an Administrator. As an Administrator, it will be important for you to have demonstrative experience of a similar position. Alongside your experience, you must be an effective communicator, both verbally and in writing, building and developing strong professional relationships with your key stakeholders.
The key responsibilities of our Administrators, include:
- Collection of data to enable invoicing to be carried out by Head Office. Checking invoices received from Head Office and distributing as necessary.
- To oversee staff rotas , complete shift panning and agency/staff cover
- Maintain Imports recording all disbursements and action reclaims to maintain the float.
- Collating payroll (hours worked, sickness, holidays, starters and leavers) and management information completing weekly/monthly returns, submitting to registered Manager to meet deadlines.
- Place purchase orders with approved suppliers, complying with procedures, to maintain appropriate stock levels and controls and ensure expenditure is contained within agreed budget limits.
- Provide clerical support for the home as appropriate, including diary management, word processing, photocopying, filing and maintaining personal records.
- Providing a focal point for visitors and telephone enquirers, promoting a positive image and customer service approach.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all residents, family, visitors and colleagues.
Desirable Criteria but not essential:
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent in business and administration (England) qualified or working towards
- GCSE maths and English Grade 4-9
- Good communication and listening skills
- Demonstrates a caring nature
- Excellent organisational skills
- Recognises cultural diversity
- Good team player
- Track record of showing initiative and sharing ideas
- Experienced in being positive and consistent
- Accurate record keeper
- Takes accountability for own training and continual professional development
- Good I.T skills
Bring your skills to our team and you’ll enjoy a generous benefits package, plus the support to achieve a relevant qualifications and continual training and professional development. You’ll also get the chance to find your greatness by giving people a brighter future.
Central Bedfordshire Council has its own vision and values that are integral to everything we do. Our area vision is to make Central Bedfordshire 'A great place to live and work’.
To assess your suitability for the role, you must demonstrate how you meet the key outcomes, accountabilities and competencies. To do this, you’ll need to refer the Family Profile, Role Profile and Competency Framework which can be found in the Recruitment Pack: Administrator Recruitment Pack
For an informal discussion about this position, please contact: Mark Edmunds at firstname.lastname@example.org Charlotte Bond at email@example.com or Kerry Harding Kerry.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0300 300 4506
For queries related to the recruitment of this vacancy, please contact: The Recruitment Team at email@example.com or call 0300 300 8000.
Central Bedfordshire Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees, volunteers and contractors to share this commitment. This post is subject to the disclosure of criminal records.
Central Bedfordshire Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in the workplace. We are a Disability Confident employer, we are working to become a Disability Confident leader in our community.
To maintain a fair and consistent approach for applicants, it is Central Bedfordshire Council's policy to only consider applications made via our online application system and we therefore thank you for not submitting your application offline.If you do not have a CV to hand, please look on our website for a CV template that you can use to create your CV to apply for this role. http://www.centralbedfordshire.gov.uk/jobs/work-here/application.aspx