Housing Solutions (Specialist Advisor)
Salary: up to £31,371 depending on experience.
We are offering an exciting opportunity to join our Housing Needs and Standards team as a Specialist Advisor (Housing Solutions).
Housing Needs and Standards is focused on the prevention of homelessness and in your role as Specialist Advisor you will be part of a team dedicated on providing innovative solutions for people who find themselves homeless.
You will be offering support, advice and guidance to homeless applications. You will responsible for resolving cases of varying complexity and working in working in partnership with a range of statutory and voluntary agencies.
You will be required to work from our Lewes, Eastbourne and Newhaven offices, subject to the needs of the service.
To be successful in the role you will have
Knowledge and experience in housing options and homelessness are essential, as is a thorough working knowledge of the relevant Acts.
Be a good communicator and able to build strong working relationships with internal and external partners. You will also need an eye for detail, have good investigation, critical thinking and decision making skills and be able to adapt and manage a demanding workload.
Benefits of working for Eastbourne Borough and Lewes District Councils
In return you will be valued, supported and provided with an environment where you can foster ideas to develop the service and put the customer at the heart of what you do.
You will have access to external and internal training and have the opportunity to become an expert in a specific field (e.g. mental health) as you progress in your career.
As an employee of Eastbourne Borough Council you will have access to a range of discounts and benefits, including:
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Transport discounts, including a 15% discount on some Southern Rail Journeys and a 10% discount at Halfords on bikes, cycling accessories, servicing and parts
- Minimum annual leave entitlement of 25 days increasing to 29 days after completing five years’ service
- A flexible working environment, allowing you to work remotely and flexibly – helping you achieve a better work/life balance
- Discounted use of gyms and sports centres
Interviews and assessment will be held during the week commencing 2 March 2020.