Mile Oak Primary School is looking to appoint an inspirational, skilled and highly motivated SENDCO who will lead the Inclusion Team and be a driven member of the Senior Leadership Team. This is an exciting opportunity and we would welcome applications from experienced leaders and managers with relevant SENDCO experience.
Mile Oak Primary School is a large school in Portslade with 513 pupils on roll. We are currently on a rapidly improving school journey where we are supporting each other to drive school improvement. As a school we believe that it is our collective responsibility to ensure that every child thrives.
Our children demonstrate excellent behaviours for learning and are consistently challenged by the exciting opportunities and creative curriculum that we offer. The School would expect you to share our core vision of thinking big and the school values of courage, respect, ambition and pride and to be fully involved in the life of the whole school.
We are looking for:
- A leader who understands the role of, and can support, quality first teaching in order to improve outcomes for SEND pupils
- A full-time SENCO who can raise attainment and outcomes for SEND pupils
- A leader who can ensure best practice in the implementation of a safeguarding policy and through the daily practice throughout the school
- Candidates with recent and diverse experience of teaching across the primary age range
- Candidates with outstanding classroom practice across the curriculum
- Candidates with a strong understanding of the principles and proven experience of inclusion
- Candidates who can liaise effectively with teachers and outside agencies
- Candidates who have excellent interpersonal skills
- A leader who can manage and maximise their time effectively
- Candidates who will always place the child at the forefront of all decision making
- A driven member of the Senior Leadership Team
The main responsibility areas:
- Undertaking a key role in school improvement and evaluation, safeguarding and directly driving the School Development Plan
- Designated Child Protection Officer (training available)
- Identifying learning needs and referring children to the relevant agencies
- Organising progress plans and annual review meetings
- Assessing, monitoring and evaluating progress of children to improve outcomes across the school and inform next steps
- Liaising with teachers and managing Learning Mentors, INAs and SEND support teachers
- Modelling and disseminating high quality targeted teaching to diminish differences and work closely with teachers
- Promoting inclusive practice and producing appropriate CPD to staff
- Ability to analyse data, set targets for improvements and implement effective interventions
- Overseeing SEN provision: including 1-1 support, Speech and Language Therapist intervention, Learning Mentors and Counselling Support
- Attend weekly Senior Leadership Team meetings and provide strategic updates
- Attend half termly Teaching and Learning committees and provide updates through reports/presentations
We can offer you:
- An excellent range of professional development opportunities
- A hard-working, friendly and supportive staff team who are committed that at Mile Oak we ‘think big’
- A positive, well-resourced school environment
- Enthusiastic children with a desire to learn
- The chance to impact on Inclusion and to drive school improvement
Visits to the school are welcomed and encouraged. Please contact the School Business Manager on 01273 294881 to arrange an appointment.
Visit Dates: Tuesday 11th February AM, Wednesday 12th February PM, Thursday 13th February PM, Friday 14th February AM, Tuesday 25th February AM, Wednesday 26th February PM and Thursday 27th February PM
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System.
From 6 April 2011 the Home Office has placed a permanent restriction on the number of migrant workers that all Tier 2 (General) Sponsors can recruit. Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.