Grade: Scale 5 (Actual salary £6,847 - £7,559 pa)
Hours per week: 13, term time
Paid weeks per year: Work 39, paid 46.94 inclusive of holiday entitlement
Start date: As soon as possible, following interview
Closing date: 2 March (midday)
Interview date: Week commencing 9 March
Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school address:
Nevill Avenue, Hove, BN3 7BW, email: email@example.com
CVs alone will not be considered
For further information contact the school office on (01273) 221224
Working under guidance from the Designated Safeguarding Lead, provide support in addressing the needs of pupils who need particular help to overcome barriers to learning. There will be a specific focus on providing support to pupils in need of child protection, Children in Care and those facing behavioural, emotional and social difficulties.
The key responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining, overview and upkeep of CPOMS software including liaison with the parent company where needed, staff training on CPOMS usage and twice yearly spot-check audits
- Attendance at CIN, CP, Strategy, Network meetings for students linked to CP issues
- Communication with outside agencies including those coming in for staff and student training (e.g. RISE)
- Organisation (but not running) of small groups where necessary on safeguarding e.g. risky behaviours group (running of these groups is done by outside agencies)
- Contact with linked external agencies including social workers, police etc.
- Promotion of safe behaviours in school to students
- Delivery of some staff training
- Advice and guidance for YOs re CP issues
For further details and an application form please visit:
www.blatchingtonmill.org.uk >Key information > Vacancies
Blatchington Mill School is committed to safeguarding our students; we expect all staff and volunteers to support this commitment. Criminal record checks will be carried out and a full, enhanced DBS clearance is required for all positions.
Applications are encouraged from black and ethnic minority candidates, as these groups are under-represented on the school's staff.
(Race Relations Act sections 35-38 apply).
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System.
From 6 April 2011 the Home Office has placed a permanent restriction on the number of migrant workers that all Tier 2 (General) Sponsors can recruit. Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.