You will join us as a Coffee Shop Assistant responsible for running the coffee shop on a day to day basis.
Coffee Shop Assistant Responsibilities:
- Maintain strict hygiene levels and ensure compliance with all health and safety standards.
- Assist in promoting a professional image through timely, helpful and effective serving of customers.
- Ensure the coffee shop is well stocked and take responsibility for all ordering relating to the coffee shop.
- Prepare refreshments for meetings, ensuring that customers’ requirements are met.
- Coordinate children’s parties and provide the catering for these events when required.
Coffee Shop Assistant Requirements:
- Good standard of education including GCSE Maths and English (grades A – C).
- Hold or willing to train to level 2 food hygiene certificate.
- Ability to use IT systems.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience of work of a similar nature.
- Ability to operate a till and handle cash.
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- First aid training.
- Customer service qualification.
- Experience of working in a licensed environment.
About South Oxfordshire District Council:
South Oxfordshire & Vale of White Horse is a forward thinking local authority, based in one of the most attractive areas of the country. They are looking for a professional, competent and enthusiastic person who is able to communicate well at all levels. An excellent benefits package is on offer including annualised hours (flexible working) and a career average pension scheme.
Location: Wantage, Oxfordshire
Job type: Part time, 12 month fixed term maternity cover, 32 hours a week
Salary: £16,615 per annum
Benefits: Pro rata, basic 24 days annual leave per annum, rising to 28 days after five years. You also have all the bank holidays to look forward to and time off between Christmas and New Year; pension scheme. Various schemes to keep you healthy (reduced gym membership, free swims, contributory medical schemes, wellbeing appointments, free eye tests for DSE users, after work sports clubs and more).
You may have experience of the following: Coffee Shop Assistant, Barista, Level 2 Hygiene Certification, Hospitality, Waitress, Waiter, Hotel, Restaurant etc.