Betty’s got her independence back. Our teams get the autonomy to do what’s right.
We’re proud of our community; the care we give and the services we provide. This is why we give our people the time, support and resources they need to do their job well. You’ll have a manageable caseload. We want to hear your ideas. If you think something needs to change, we want to know about it. This is an opportunity to take ownership and to change lives for the better.
Together, we make big things happen (the Lexicon is just one example). But we’re also focused on the smaller things that make all the difference. And that’s as true for our employees as it is for our residents. We have a car park with plenty of spaces (you won’t need to worry about where you’re going to park – which means more time to focus on your work). We have strong teams and excellent manager relationships. Expert advice is there whenever you need it. Put simply, a career with us means having everything you need to build on your skills. To build better relationships. To build even better communities. This is your chance to make a lasting impact.
Because we’re Bracknell Forest
What it’s like working in our team…
You will work as part of our multi-disciplinary team, providing reablement to maximise independence, support people to remain in their own communities, facilitate timely discharge from hospital, avoid unnecessary hospital admission and to enable people to stay at home at the end of their lives. You would also have opportunities to be part of the development and growth of the team and encouraged to work on projects or focus on areas of interest, within the needs of the service.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- Provide reablement services within a multi-disciplinary team – OTs, Physios nurses and psychology support.
- Work with people, including advocates and carers, to develop person-centred SMART Goals and support plans designed to meet needs in ways that maximises independence, choice and control, and are legal and affordable.
- Take responsibility for own learning, including mandatory and suggested training, and the training of OT students.
- Take an active part in your own supervision and appraisal and to supervise and appraise allocated staff in accordance with the departmental supervision policy and council’s appraisal policy.
- To take a departmental or team lead within a specified area of work as required.
The benefits you will experience are…
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- Agile working – from home and in the Community – supported by up to date IT kit.
- A great office location, with free car parking next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities, discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An inclusive and friendly working environment.
- Essential car user allowance and London Weighing.
- Access to low interest car loan.
- Generous annual leave entitlement (increases after 3 years).
- Able to contribute to service improvement and implement new ideas.
What we’re looking for…
We’re seeking qualified and HCPC registered Occupational Therapists with a passion for providing exceptional care and support. You’ll need to show excellent knowledge of OT best practices and provide expert advice to both colleagues and partner agencies, as well as to residents. We are looking for Occupational Therapists who want to work in a dynamic and team orientated environment. Above all, you’ll empower service users; facilitating their recovery and helping them overcome the barriers that prevent them from doing the activities that matter to them.
Interview date: 19th and 20th of March 2020
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role, please contact:
Assistant Community Services Manager
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.