Would you like the exciting opportunity to make a difference to the lives of families and young people in Surrey?
If so, why not join our Performance and Systems Team as a Performance Officer?
Reporting to the Head of Performance and Intelligence, you will provide regular performance reporting extracted from key client information systems for a wide range of audiences. This will comply with a routine reporting schedule, to ultimately support the efficient management of services and understanding of performance.
This role is part of Children, Families, Life Long Learning and Communities (CFLC) directorate and sits within the Quality and Performance Division. The aim of this division is to improve strategic and operational planning, develop stronger partnerships and increase capacity for supporting specific service improvement strategies.
This position will be based mainly in one of our local area offices in Guildford or Woking to support the West of Surrey. You may be required to travel to other offices as required in the order to provide support to the whole Directorate.
This is an interesting and varied role but you can expect to be doing the following on a regular basis:
- Deliver designated statutory returns and collections to ensure that the council complies with statutory responsibilities regarding data returns and regulations
- Develop data reports to support complex analysis that contributes to children's service's strategic planning framework
- Analyse, recommend and implement improvements to processes and systems to deliver continuous improvement in the provision of high quality timely performance information
- Proactively promote the work of the team across services to advise where use of information systems could enhance front-line service delivery and maintaining effective and proactive working relationships with all key stakeholders and partners – including external partners e.g. NHS organisations
To be shortlisted for an interview for this position your application will clearly demonstrate;
Experience of working with reporting tools (e.g. Tableau, business objects, crystal reports within the LCS/EHM or Capita One systems)
Practical knowledge of the LCS/ EHM or Capita One systems
Experience in designing and delivering statutory returns / benchmarking reports
Ability to provide excellent customer service
Educated to 'A' level standard or equivalent experience
You will use a variety of case management systems in operation across our Children's and Education Services and be accountable for your tasks while demonstrating an understanding of confidentiality.
For more information please find the full job description attached at the bottom of this page.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Please note, we have two permanent vacancies available
- 1 x 36 hours per week based at Quadrant Court, Woking
- 1 x 36 hours per week based at St Francis centre, Guildford
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 10th February 2020.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 24 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years’ service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.