Cook in Charge - Sefton Catering Services
Based at Merefield Special School, Ainsdale
27.50 hours per week term time only
Sefton Catering Services are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and caring Cook in Charge to supervise a small kitchen team of two Catering General Assistants at the school. Preparing lunches for approximately 65 – 75 pupils and staff per day.
Merefield is a special school in Ainsdale for pupils from the age of 2 to 19 years. The school wishes every pupil to achieve all that they can achieve and consider the lunchtime experience to be a vital contribution towards this aim. The quality of the meals plus a calm and flexible approach to the menu and service is essential and very important to the school.
We are therefore looking for a person who will be confident in working within this setting. The post will be an exciting opportunity for a suitably qualified person who ideally has at least one years’ experience within a school meals setting or similar.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a proven record of good food preparation and presentation
- Is well organised and has good time management and people skills.
- Can maintain excellent kitchen hygiene and manage health and safety
- Can complete kitchen clerical duties, manage stock and control budgets
- Supervise other employees including work rotas, training, induction and keeping records
- Has excellent communication skills
- Is flexible, practical and passionate about providing an excellent service and experience for the pupils and staff at the school
The school take a very keen interest in the catering operation and work closely with the kitchen team to create a nurturing and appropriate service for the pupils. We are therefore looking for someone who will be able to promote and develop the service, be creative and who can use initiative. They will also be required to work closely with the school on other activities that will further promote the operation and catering service we provide.