A job opportunity is available for an individual who is interested predominantly collecting monies to reduce the Council’s council tax and business rates arrears for previous financial years.
The successful applicant will be required to have excellent communication and negotiation skills to achieve expected individual targets and maximise collection.
In addition, to deal daily with inbound/outbound calls with customers to secure payments over the phone, and partake in activities that utilize technology to enhance performance and collection i.e. text messages, automated voice messages and emails.
Other responsibilities include:
- Applying for attachment of benefit/earning orders
- Referring cases to an enforcement agent
- Referring cases for bankruptcy/insolvency
The successful applicant will need to have the ability to:
- Be proactive, flexible, hardworking and self-motivated
- Work in a fast-paced environment
- Deal with irate customers
- Work with minimum supervision
- To learn quickly and work to deadlines
- Be able to prioritise work
- Excellent time management
- Use the IT packages that are available i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel and IWorld Northgate
- Work a weekly shift rota basis from 9am to 7pm, Monday to Thursday, and Friday, 9am to 5pm.
This role will require you to obtain a Standard level satisfactory clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
Closing date: Sunday, 9th February 2020, at 23.59
Proposed Interview date: Week commencing 24th February 2020
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Daneila Pitkin on 0207 527 2712.