Are you looking for an opportunity to build your Procurement career?
The Procurement Partner sits within the Strategic Procurement Team in Surrey, focusing on the Adult Social Care and Public Health category areas. The team provides support to our customers, offering expertise on tendering activity and contributing to the delivery of service objectives, savings and other benefits, including social value.
The role will be focussed on Surrey customers however, the Procurement Partner will also work closely with colleagues in the other teams that sit within Orbis Procurement, providing support for Annual Forward Plan development and bringing key networking information back into the service. Cross-functional working and matrix management is key to how we function as a service.
To be shortlisted for interview, your personal statement will clearly evidence:
- Working across different partners or other multiple stakeholder groups and strong external network links
- Procurement expertise, leading significant projects across a range of commercial, category and sourcing activities, with a flexibility around which areas are required
- Experience in building and developing strong stakeholder relationships with major service areas at a senior level
- Knowledge of the principles of change management, project management and continuous improvement and their practical application, with a focus on delivery
- Great interpersonal and communication skills across a variety of formats
- Wide experience in successful leading, coaching, mentoring and developing of staff
- Public Sector experience and sound knowledge of EU procurement regulations is essential.
For more information on this position, please review the job description attached to the bottom of this advert before applying.
For an informal discussion contact Emma Law by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org We look forward to receiving your application.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on Sunday 2nd February 2020 with interviews taking place on Monday 10th February 2020.
Please note that Surrey County Council's headquarters, where this role is currently based, will be relocating back into Surrey in 2020 to support our Community Vision 2030.
In Procurement, we want candidates to feel confident to ask about the flexibility they need at work. This might be part time, remote working, compressed hours or job share. Any candidate who applies for a job with us can ask about flexible working at interview. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.
We are proud of our agile working culture, including providing the technology to support remote working (such as light laptops and phones) where the role allows. Benefits include; generous leave which starts at 24 days annually and builds with service, local government salary-related pension as well as the option to join the car lease scheme and child care vouchers. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.