This is a 6 month fixed term contract.
About the role
An exciting position has arisen for a Payment Officer to join the Payment Team, where continuous improvement is a strategic goal and teamwork is crucial.
The Payment Team is currently based at County Hall and it is part of the Business Operations, the integrated business support and transaction service which offers a range of services covering HR, Payroll, Finance, Procurement and Pensions. Our Payment team are made up of nine team members, who jointly process over 1,500 plus invoices weekly.
Processing the payment of supplier invoices and running the BACs/Chq run payments using SAP accounts payable, you will create, maintain and process documentation, records and data. An excellent knowledge of Accounts Payable is vital, as you will be dealing with customer queries regularly, requiring your close liaison with internal and external customers and suppliers. Right at the heart of the team, your expertise will not only enable you to support the Payment Assistants in their everyday activities but also contribute to strategic changes to systems and processes.
You will need to be computer literate and understand the importance of accuracy in transactional areas. Excellent knowledge of the Accounts Payable SAP system is desirable. Excellent communication skills are also essential, as you will be dealing with people at all levels of the business.
To be shortlisted to interview for this position, your application will clearly evidence:
- Minimum 5 GCSEs at Grade C or above, or equivalent, or able to evidence ability at an equivalent level.
- Relevant HR, Management, business administration or financial qualification to NVQ Level 2/3, or able to evidence knowledge/understanding of the relevant discipline.
- Familiar with one or more of the specific processes used in the relevant discipline.
- Ability to apply relevant health and safety, equality and diversity, and other County/Service policies and procedures.
- Competent in a range of IT tools.
- Ability to work with others to improve customer service.
- Good written and oral communication skills with the ability to build sound relationships with customers.
- Good administrative /organisational and analytical skills.
- Able to prioritise and plan own workload in the context of conflicting priorities and work on own initiative.
- A methodical approach to information gathering, recording and reporting.
- Previous relevant work experience.
- Experience of maintaining business processes and systems.
- Ability to guide and support less experienced or more junior colleagues (for some roles).
For more information, please find attached to the bottom of this advert a full job profile.
For an informal discussion contact Selina Miles on 02085419264 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to receiving your application.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 14th February 2020.
Interviews will take place week commencing 17th February 2020.
This position is based inside one of our main area offices, click HERE to see a 360 degree view of the building and surrounding area along with a view of the reception. We will be moving to Fairmount House in Leatherhead From summer 2020.
From flexible working to job sharing (where possible) we are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 24 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.