The Royal Pavilion & Museums service is seeking to appoint to the role of Head of Engagement. The Royal Pavilion & Museums will be transferring from Brighton & Hove City Council to the Royal Pavilion & Museums Trust on 1st April 2020.
About the role
This role will determine, co-ordinate, implement and monitor policies and strategies for education, lifelong learning and community engagement. It will also deal with programmes to maximize and develop the social, cultural, and learning benefits of all the sites, collections and resources of the Royal Pavilion and Museums for existing and new users. Particularly from priority groups to meet local priorities, national goals for museums and achieve performance measures. To lead on developments and co-ordination of operations and activities at Brighton Museum & Art Gallery to achieve future sustainability and high levels of visitor experience.
We are seeking applicants with
- expertise in the field of museum learning and interpretation
- experience of managing public programmes & engagement projects within museums, galleries or historic houses targeted at new audiences
- broad and in-depth experience of nationally approved professional practices and standards as represented by DCMS/ACE/MA policies, standards and guidelines
- experience of working productively in partnership with a range of stakeholders and communities to achieve service objectives
- staff management skills including team leadership, delegation, performance management, training and development
- financial management and planning skills
- project planning and management
Fixed term for: 2 years which will be extended if further funding is confirmed
Interview date: 19th Feb
For an informal discussion, please contact Janita Bagshawe Head of Royal Pavilion & Museums) on 01273 292840
We highly recommend you read the ‘Statement Guidance’ below before you apply for this job. It is important you are able to show how you meet the essential criteria within the Person Specification when applying. Not following this guidance is likely to reduce your chances of success.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency's Points-based Immigration System.
From 6 April 2011 the Home Office has placed a permanent restriction on the number of migrant workers that all Tier 2 (General) Sponsors can recruit. Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community but particularly encourage applicants from a BME or White Other background as well as those who identify as disabled, LGB, female or trans as these groups are currently under-represented in our Directorate workforce.
As part of Brighton & Hove City Council's ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process, without prior notice if a suitable redeployee (internal employee at risk of redundancy) is identified.