Private Sector Property Manager (Social Lettings Agency) – Temporary for up to one year to cover maternity Salary from £27,768 to £30,783 depending on skills and experience Plus lease car cash alternative element of £2,080 pa
If you have good networking skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels then you may well be who we are looking for.
You will be directly responsible for the procurement of properties, negotiation of terms with private landlords / property owners and also effective property and tenancy management. The post can occasionally involve weekend working and remuneration for this can be arranged accordingly when the need arises.
Key elements of the role:
You will responsible for the promotion of social lettings along with:
- Letting vacancies within the properties efficiently and quickly where the property is in an acceptable letting condition
- Undertaking appropriate inspections of properties taken on such as Housing, Health & Safety Rating System and ensuring that all relevant documents are produced such as a gas safety certificates , electrical certificates and energy performance certificates
- Working closely with the landlords to ensure that repairs for which they are responsible for are addressed swiftly and efficientlyA large part of this role will involve intricate and detailed negotiation with landlords in order to secure the best terms of contract possible for the Council.
You will need to have proven experience in the provision of tenancy management services [either in the private rented sector or in social housing] together with:
- Experience in working with financial information and rent arrears control/recovery
- Capacity to prioritise workload and adapt to challenging circumstances while being sensitive and diplomatic
- Ability to work flexibly and effectively with landlords and property owners to deliver the best outcomes For an informal discussion please contact Ray O’Shea on 01233 330808.
To apply please visit the jobs page of our website at Ashford Borough Council www.ashford.gov.uk/jobs and complete an application form.
Closing date: 17.02.2020
Ashford Borough Council recognises the need to ensure the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults when they come into contact with the services we provide.