We’re passionate about communicating with our community; start a new chapter in your career and be part of our award-winning story!
We’re always looking at better, more modern and smarter ways of communicating with our residents. We don’t do fluffy PR we do important, real time communications and marketing that have an impact on our residents’ and community’s day-to-day life. We communicate about the things that matter, everything from major roadworks to once in a generation visits from Her Majesty The Queen to pioneering projects to improve social care. These are just some of the things you could be looking at when you join us. You’re going to have a big impact on what we do, so you’ll be trusted to take ownership of your work. To deliver better today. And to create a better tomorrow.
Because we’re Bracknell Forest
What it’s like working in our team…
We’re a small, friendly, hard-working and dedicated team of communications , marketing and media officers and graphic designers. We get to work with hundreds of staff across the council as well as other groups and councillors; we also deal with a range of journalists daily. We often have to think on our feet within short deadlines; no day is ever the same!
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training…
- Continually monitor, assess and manage the reputation of the organisation.
- Providing high quality and effective communication and marketing strategies; leading and evaluating this work across a range of audiences and channels on key business strategies, transformation projects corporate priorities.
- Ensuring accurate, positive and widespread coverage in the news media of the council’s work and role in the borough.
- Providing a professional lead on the council’s digital media; populating web and intranet pages and social media with tailored content, including video and animation, in support of communication and marketing strategies.
- Working with and providing professional development and support to those communications, marketing and publicity colleagues based in other teams.
The benefits you will experience are…
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
- Access to childcare vouchers.
What we’re looking for…
We’re looking for a team player with excellent written and verbal communication, copywriting, digital media and news media skills.
Someone who isn’t afraid to get stuck in to positive communications and marketing strategies but doesn’t shy away from tricky, reactive communications.
Someone who enjoys a challenge, is comfortable working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
Interviews will be held on
Friday, 28 February, 2020
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
Name: Alana Razzell
Job Title: Head of Communications and Marketing
Phone Number: 01344 352171