We’re helping children with disabilities and their families to live safer, happier lives.
You’ll have time to do what’s right, and have a say in how we work.
We want to help our most vulnerable children and their families to get their lives firmly on track. It’s why our social workers have the time to get to know everyone they work with. We’re working towards protected caseloads. And we do what we think should be done, not just what needs to be done. There’ll always be room for your ideas here. This is about taking ownership. And having the opportunity to learn, develop and progress. We have strong teams and excellent manager relationships. Put simply, this is your chance to change lives for the better.
Because we’re Bracknell Forest
What it’s like working in our team…
The Children’s Specialist Support Team is a highly skilled team working with children who have disabilities and/or complex health needs. We are an experienced, friendly and supportive team who focus on ensuring that children are at the centre of all we do
The multi-professional team includes an Intensive Behaviour Support Specialist and an Occupational Therapist. There is an effective management team, who support workers in managing caseloads, provide regular supervision, personalised career progression and access to specialist training.
The team is well integrated with local partners and receives positive feedback from children and their families.
You will be supported to …
- To hold a varied caseload of Children in Need, Children Looked After and Children subject to Child Protection Plans, and to provide assessment, care planning, intervention and family support.
- To work alongside partner agencies (voluntary & statutory) within the context of the care plan to ensure the provision of appropriate, integrated and effective services.
- To promote listening to children at every opportunity; ensuring their views are heard, recorded and acted upon in a timely manner.
- To maintain accurate case records and comply with the department’s policies, procedures and guidelines.
- To make effective use of time and be able to prioritise workload.
The benefits you will experience are…
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- An opportunity to buy and/or sell annual leave.
- A range of travel benefits.
- Access to childcare vouchers.
What we’re looking for…
We are looking for a qualified social worker who is enthusiastic, confident, reliable, and passionate about improving the lives of children with disabilities and promoting their voice. The ideal candidate will be able to engage with families in assessment, analysis and creative planning, and to work in partnership with others.
Interviews will be held on
14th February 2020
Want to ask us a question? –
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
Head of Service – Children’s Specialist Support
How to Apply
Please apply online (see below).
It is important that you read the Application Pack before you apply for this job. It contains information that you will need to refer to when applying. Not referring to this information is likely to reduce your chances of success.
Bracknell Forest Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults at risk and expects all staff to share this commitment. All staff employed by the Council in contact with children and adults at risk must be aware that a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be undertaken. We take up references for all shortlisted candidates and, wherever possible, apply for these prior to interview.