Help us deliver a great experience to our customers. And you will experience a great place to work.
Everything we do at The Look Out Discovery Centre is about helping our visitors, especially families that come to enjoy their visit at hands on science and discovery exhibition. Our aim is to make sure that our visitors have a safe, relaxing and enjoyable experience and our Coffee Shop team play a key role in helping us achieve this.
Because we’re Bracknell Forest
What it’s like working here…
The Look Out Discovery Centre is a very popular visitor attraction with a hands-on science and discovery exhibition, gift shop, coffee shop and play area, set in 1,000 hectares of Crown Estate woodlands.
We care about our visitors and want to provide all site visitors with great customer service and our Coffee Shop team will play a key role in doing so.
Our aim is to make sure that our visitors have a safe, relaxing and enjoyable experience at all times, and the successful applicant and their team will play a key role in achieving this.
We will support you to…
- Oversee the compliance of all relevant legislation and best industry practice; including Food Safety regulations, HACCP procedures, allergen regulations (FIR regulations), and COSHH regulations.
- In the supervision of catering staff and to assisting with staffing the coffee shop rotas to ensure adequate levels of staff in all catering areas.
- Ensure high standards of customer service and customer satisfaction are delivered at all times across The Look Out Discovery Centre.
- Assist with the training & development of all catering staff to meet the operating standards.
- Ensure the Coffee Shop Manager’s duties are carried out in any absence.
The benefits you will experience are…
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- A great working location next to picturesque Swinley forest.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- The opportunity to engage with a variety of customers and deliver great customer care.
What we’re looking for…
We are looking for an enthusiastic and reliable person, with the ability, willingness and flexibility to work hours to ensure the consistent provision of supervision in our coffee shop. This person would have a strong focus on customer service and the ability to deal with customers of all ages and backgrounds and to ensure that their visit is the best possible with the resources available.
Week commencing 3 February 2020
Want to ask us a question?
Please contact; Kirsty Robson, Coffee Shop Manager