Please note that Surrey County Council's headquarters, where this role is currently based, will be relocating back into Surrey in 2020 to support our Community Vision 2030.
About the role
Are you a solution minded person?
Does Robotic Process Automation sound like something you would like to work with?
Would you relish driving through improvements through automating processes as part of our service transformation?
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, then this is the role for you!
The Orbis Pensions Administration Service is entering a very exciting phase of a Service Transformation whereby through a programme of works including a series of projects, continuous improvements, automation and people development, we will deliver a more modern and digital service, with more efficient systems and processes to support our vision of being 'The outstanding provider of exceptional LGPS administration'.
We are looking for a highly focussed and driven person to join our Transformation Team as a Business Automation Analyst providing expertise in process engineering and robotic process automation. The role will collaborate with business and IT stakeholders to understand and advise on defining the appropriate automation solutions.
It will see you participate in hands on development, configuration and testing of process automation to meet the defined requirements.
In this role there is a requirement to be a resourceful and proactive person, who will always see an obstacle as a chance to bring about a new solution. The more tools you have in your locker the better!
- Design and develop process automation using core robotics process automation (RPA) workflow principles that are efficient, well structured, documented and maintainable
- Monitor and manage our virtual workforce, investigating detailed analysis of Automation incidents and process exceptions alongside IT&D colleagues
- Work alongside the Programme Manager and Lead Pension Manager to define and plan the development approach for larger projects through to smaller developments factoring in the existing automation programming and future development opportunities.
- Support with the creation and ongoing refinement of an appropriately tailored framework that provides the optimum platform for rapid and repeatable delivery of automated processes within Orbis Pension Services
- Develop the use of SQL data bases to support the use of applications such as Tableau to provide support to the service in its ability to future plan and grow
- A passion to find and deliver efficiencies within the service and its processes through automation
- Knowledge and experience of Process Mapping methodologies
- Knowledge and experience of Project Management methodologies advantageous
- Previous experience of SQL, VBA, and coding experience, along with up to date knowledge of Robotic concepts.
- Comprehensive knowledge of core Pensions/Business Operations Technologies
For more information, please see the attached job description.
For an informal discussion contact Tom Lewis on 07583 072853 or by e-mail at email@example.com. We look forward to receiving your application.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 16th February 2020.
We are committed to providing a healthy work life balance. A laptop and mobile will be supplied if applicable to your role. You will benefit from 24 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after 2 years' service, a generous local government salary related pension, as well as the option to join our car lease scheme. For more information about the wide variety of benefits you can take advantage of please visit MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.