Looking for a challenging new role that offers excellent opportunities for training and professional development? Then look to Reading Borough Council. You’ll find a modern, open plan working environment, as well as an ambitious team of people who work together to make a positive difference for our communities. We can offer excellent benefits too – and as an organisation that’s focused on learning, you’ll enjoy all the support you need to build a great career with us.
About the role
This role will be reporting in to the Exchequer Manager. You will be leading a team of up to 10 Assistants across the accounts payable and accounts receivable functions, leading in investigation and resolutions of problems, ensuring policies and controls around the functions are followed by the team and internal customers of the team.
- A background in accounts receivable/cash collection within a local government would be highly advantageous however applicants with accounts receivable/cash collection from complex organisation will also be considered.
- Knowledge of accounts payable would be beneficial.
- Confident in dealing with highly complex problems with internal/external customers. Our offer
- A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Life Assurance - three times your annual salary (for members of the LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
- 'Your Reading Passport' scheme - competitive rates for local gyms
Closing Date: 03rd February 2020
Interview Date: week commencing 10th February
Please note that these dates are indicative at this stage and may be subject to change