Job Title: Graduate Management and Finance Management Trainee
Salary Range: £24,799 - £33,799 pa (Management) and £24,799 - £38,813 p.a. (Finance)
Hours: Full time – 37 hours per week
Contract: Graduate Management Trainee - 2 years Fixed Term Contract to September 2022
Graduate Finance Trainee – Permanent
Our graduates aren’t just brilliant. They’re the future of Hertfordshire.
At Hertfordshire County Council, we believe in supporting every member of our community through every life stage. From high-quality education opportunities for children and adults, through to exceptional housing, healthcare and emotional wellbeing services, we strive to deliver comprehensive support 365 days of the year.
Our Graduate Schemes are open to individuals with the most dynamic and inquisitive mindsets. Join our progressive team, and you could explore your strengths and enhance your skills in a truly vibrant working environment.
Graduate Management Trainee
- During a two-year programme, you will help us set the vision and strategy for public services such as adult care, environment, community protection, and you will develop exceptional leadership skills.
- Benefitting from a personalised development programme, you will acquire skills in the frontline, operational and management of council services with three to five placements within our key service departments.
- You will combine practical experience with the chance to study for your professional qualifications as an Improvement Practitioner.
Financial Management Trainee
- Throughout the duration of the three-year programme, you will develop financial and accountancy skills with various internal and council-wide teams, including a placement with one of Hertfordshire’s external District Councils plus our Shared Internal Audit Service.
- As a highly-numerate graduate, you will handle and interpret large quantities of complex numerical data relating to a wide range of issues such as performance, financial control and budget-setting.
- We will support you as you study for your Chartered Institute of Public Finance & Accountancy Qualiﬁcation.
Both programmes will afford you the enviable opportunity to progress into senior leadership and management roles both within the council, and across the public sector.
- Support network – with a designated peer or ‘buddy’ we will ensure you are making the most of the considerable opportunities available to you. You will also be mentored by senior management throughout.
- A great future – once qualified, we’ll encourage you to put your newly acquired skills to the test with a permanent role in the council, thereby putting your career on a stratospheric trajectory.
- Rewards package – your immediate and long-term future will be taken care of, with a generous contributory pension scheme, plus access to the Herts Rewards Scheme which provides cashback plus discounts on everyday shopping, holidays, entertainment and leisure.
- A great work/life balance – with flexible working and access to wellbeing schemes and a wide variety of support groups, we will help you get the most out of life both within and beyond our offices.
We are looking for motivated graduates from all backgrounds and degree subjects who are passionate about a career in the public sector.
With a 2:1 or equivalent (Level 6) or a merit in a Masters-level degree (Level 7), you will be literate with great communication and team-playing skills, and you will share our commitment to creative problem-solving.
For more information about the role please contact Bakul Bansal on email@example.com
Closing date: 23rd February 2020
Interview date: 2nd April and 3rd April 2020