Family Support Coordinator with Social Work Qualification
The Surrey Heath & Runnymede Family Support Programme
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary Range: £29,075 - £33,310 plus £2000 car allowance per annum
Location: Surrey Heath Borough Council x 1
Runnymede Borough Council x 1
We are looking to recruit two Social Work qualified Family Support Coordinators. This is a new post within our team and the successful candidate will be able to hold a caseload as well as provide line management to student social workers on their placements and support in the escalation of cases.
The Surrey Family Support Programme is an innovative multi-agency project that supports the successful co-ordination of local statutory and voluntary services to work in partnership with families with complex and multiple needs.
The programme identifies families with issues such as unemployment, anti-social and offending behaviour, school attendance, domestic abuse and substance misuse and other concerns. These families are supported towards better outcomes through a single multi-agency assessment, a Family Support Plan and co-ordinated partnership working.
The successful applicant will:
- Be passionate and committed to multi-agency working as a way of support to families
- Be able to work to targets set out by the national agenda
- Have appropriate previous experience of working in a relevant field
- Be an effective communicator
- Have an effective understanding of safeguarding procedures for vulnerable children, young people and adults
- Be skilled at developing ways of working that can bring about positive change to families or individuals
Benefits include a minimum of 24 days annual leave, Local Government Pension Scheme and free car parking.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Emily Burrill, Family Support Manager on 01276 707684 or 07342 070788.
Closing date: Monday 10th February 2020
Interview Date: Wednesday 19th February 2020
To apply, please visit https://www.surreyheath.gov.uk/council/jobs