Grade: Scale 1/2
Hours per week: 15 (Monday to Friday, 3:15 - 6:15pm), Term Time
Paid weeks per year: 44.65 inclusive of holiday entitlement
Start date: As soon as possible
Fixed term: Until 20 December 2020
Closing date: 31 January
Interview date: 5 February
Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school address:
Graham Avenue, Portslade, BN41 2WN, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information contact the school office on (01273) 294881
Mile Oak Primary School is a large school in Portslade with 513 pupils on roll. We are currently on a rapidly improving school journey where we are supporting each other to drive school improvement. As a school we believe that it is our collective responsibility to ensure that every child achieves their potential.
We are looking for someone to work alone or within a team under the direction of the Premises manager/Supervisor, providing an efficient service of cleanliness, ensuring that all assigned areas are cleaned to the standard required within set procedures in order to ensure a clean and safe learning environment for pupils and staff.
- A full on-the-job training and induction programme will be provided once the successful candidate has taken up appointment. No prior knowledge, experience or qualification could, therefore, be deemed necessary
- Physical fitness, encompassing the ability to bend, stretch, lean, reach, carry heavy and awkward items and operate vacuum cleaners and floor mops
- Willingness to undertake necessary tasks of an unpleasant nature
- An aptitude for, and a willingness to be trained in modern cleaning methods and machinery (cleaning) operations
- Willingness to learn and keep up-to-date with Health & Safety procedures relevant to the role
- To be able to demonstrate a commitment to the principles of Equalities and to be able to carry out duties in accordance with the Council’s Equalities Policy
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System.
From 6 April 2011 the Home Office has placed a permanent restriction on the number of migrant workers that all Tier 2 (General) Sponsors can recruit. Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.