Hours per week: 32.4
Paid weeks per year: 52
Start date: April 2020
Fixed term for: for one term Summer 2020 to cover maternity leave
Closing date: 3 February
Interview date: 10 February
Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school address:
Locks Hill, Portslade, BN41 2LA, email: margaretaustin@ brackenbury.brighton-hove.sch.uk
For further information contact the school office on (01273) 418850
Brackenbury Primary School is seeking to appoint a highly skilled and passionate teacher to join our KS2 team at our dynamic school. This is a maternity leave cover, initially for one term – Summer 2020. This may be extended for the right candidate.
Brackenbury Primary School is a one-form entry school in Portslade. We are currently on an effective and dynamic school improvement journey. We need someone to join our pro-active and close team to continue to move us forward. We want someone who will be passionately involved in the life of our inclusive school.
We want someone who is:
- An outstanding classroom practitioner with high expectations of learning and behaviour.
- A commitment to improving standards of teaching and learning across the whole school.
- An excellent knowledge of the National Curriculum with a clear understanding of how to implement this on a daily basis within the setting.
- A person to play a proactive role in the life and ethos of the whole school.
- A commitment to inclusion and safeguarding practices.
- A well organised individual with strong interpersonal skills.
- A practitioner to lead a curriculum area of responsibility – ideally history.
In turn we offer you:
- An excellent range of professional development opportunities.
- An incredibly hard-working, friendly and supportive staff team.
- A positive, exciting and motivated school environment.
- A family friendly and inclusive school where we know each child as an individual.
- Enthusiastic children with a real desire to learn.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System.
From 6 April 2011 the Home Office has placed a permanent restriction on the number of migrant workers that all Tier 2 (General) Sponsors can recruit. Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.