County Hall, Hertford
Starting Salary: £31,371 pa progressing to £33,789 pa
Full Time Hours (Part-time considered)
We have an exciting opportunity for an HR Officer to join our Employee Relations & Policy Team (including Workforce Diversity and Inclusion). The HR Officer will work closely with HR colleagues and Managers across the Council, providing high quality, technical, specialist advice and support to deliver successful outcomes. You will have a good understanding of current issues facing the public sector and knowledge and experience of developing and advising on HR policy and delivering workforce diversity and inclusion programmes. A good working knowledge of employment law and workplace diversity and inclusion are essential. You will have strong interpersonal skills, excellent written, communication and influencing skills and the ability to build effective working relationships.
Knowledge and Skill required for this level job
- Degree or relevant professional qualifications e.g. CIPD or equivalent experience
- In depth knowledge and understanding of employment and equalities legislation, and HR best practice and achievement of targets in relation to this
- Specialist / technical knowledge on HR policy, legislation, terms and conditions and workplace equality and diversity
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of how to define and measure the effectiveness of HR interventions, whether they are strategic or operational
- In depth knowledge and understanding of HR systems and processes
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to translate strategic business objectives into focussed projects and deliverables
- Ability to drive innovation in the delivery of services to improve standards and cost effectiveness and implement best practice
- Ability to get things done through collaboration with colleagues but also challenge where necessary
- Ability to build strong networks and collaborate with peers across the organisational boundaries in the delivery of strategic objectives
- Proven track record of ability to consult, influence and advise stakeholders
- Ability to work on sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality
- Able to verbally and in written format create and present thoughts and ideas and demonstrate this using a variety of presentation techniques
- Ability to listen and respond to feedback
- Ability to work with all levels of management with confidence and ease, influencing and challenging managers in their people decision making.
For an informal discussion about this role please speak to Melanie West 01992 555558 or Celeste Igolen-Robinson on 01707 292756.
Closing date: Wednesday 29th January 2020
Interview date: Monday 10th February 2020