Control Centre Operator
Employer: Medway Commercial Group
Salary: £16,777 - £19,999 dependent on experience
Location: Old Civic Centre, Strood, Kent
Working Pattern: Evenings/Full Time/Nights/Weekends
Hours: 0 hours per week. Casual Working Pattern.
DBS Check: Enhanced DBS check will be carried out prior to start
Closing Date: 03/02/2020 at 09:00AM (3rd February 2020)
MCG’s control centre operate a monitoring and response service 24/7, 365-days a year. Working as part of a team in the Partnership & Commercial Division, you will be responsible for delivering an exceptional service to all our partners and service users.
The job embraces the use of technology so it is important that you have good ICT skills, and a passion for supporting vulnerable people. It would be advantageous if you have knowledge and an understanding of assistive technology and Telecare, and how it enables people to sustain and improve their independence.
The job is very varied and busy. There are no two days that are the same so we require someone who is able to think on their feet, whilst ensuring the best outcome for our service users at all times. Successful applicants will have the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people, provide excellent customer service and be able to handle calls from service users in a calm and supportive manner. You will receive a comprehensive induction training programme when you join us and on-going training to support your development.
Some of the duties will include:
- Monitor and deal with all incoming Telecare calls in accordance with company procedures, making appropriate records of each call and the action taken. This could result in summoning assistance (calling emergency services, relatives etc.), reassuring the service user and testing of equipment etc. You will report to the Control Centre Shift Supervisor or Operations Manager immediately any technical problems or failing of any of the systems.
- Proactively monitor CCTV camera surveillance systems that cover the public domain and our commercial partner sites. You will be required to take manual control of the camera; record/report crimes and/or suspicious events; respond to enquiries from authorised personnel to observe specific incidents; liaise with relevant agencies; all in accordance with Home Office guidelines, Medway Commercial Group Code of Practice and Medway Commercial Group’s Procedures Manual.
- Deal with all incoming calls from the Council out of Hours Emergency Telephone lines in accordance with procedures, making appropriate records or each call and action taken.
You may be required to undertake other duties as required by the Control Centre Shift Supervisor and/or Operations Manager at certain times.
Essential criteria for applicants:
- A keen interest in assistive technology and how it facilitates independent living
- A passion for helping and supporting vulnerable individuals, with some knowledge of Community Care particularly with regard to the circumstances and needs of vulnerable individuals i.e. elderly, disabled, or those suffering from ill health.
- An interest in the monitoring of CCTV systems and the relevant legislations in relation to operational duties.
Desirable criteria for applicants (although full training will be provided):
- Previous experience in the monitoring of CCTV systems and the relevant legislations in relation to operational duties.
Emotional demands of the job role:
- The post holder will be required to contact and liaise with clients, staff, elected members and representatives of agencies, outside organisations companies, etc.