Fleet and Equipment Manager
Based at Fire and Police HQ, Deepdale Lane, Nettleham, Lincoln, LN2 2LT
Salary - £31,371
Lincolnshire Fire & Rescue are looking for a dynamic and creative Fleet & Equipment Manager to be responsible for the provision of, and provide complete management of the entire fleet of Fire & Rescue vehicles and equipment. Based at the Fire & Police Headquarters at Nettleham, near Lincoln, you will work as a key part of the Operational Support Department. Working within Lincolnshire Fire & Rescue’s core values, you will bring previous experience of fleet management and a good understanding of fleet management systems to the role, be efficient in the use of I.T and be able to produce professional reports and papers to meet critical deadlines.
Your main responsibilities will include;
- Ensuring compliance with legislation, relevant guidance, and best practice, ensuring all fleet and equipment is serviced and maintained to the highest standards.
- Take the lead with research, design and technical specifications of new fleet & equipment.
- Oversee the Fleet capital and revenue budgets in compliance with relevant financial regulations.
- Ensure adequate processes are in place, and records are maintained for whole life vehicle, service, maintenance and repairs, vehicle performance data and other related tasks
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with contractors, suppliers and manufacturers, providing support and technical advice and ensuring compliance with service policies, Health and Safety, programmes and schedules
Applicants will ideally hold a Level 3 Fleet Management Qualification OR transport Manager Certificate of Professional Competence (as per EU Regs 1071/2009). Consideration may be given to applicants who do not currently hold this qualification, with a lower pay grade being offered until the qualification is achieved.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo a basic DBS criminal check and Lincolnshire Police Vetting.