Are you looking for a rewarding, varied role where each day can offer a fresh challenge?
Are you passionate about making a real difference to someone’s life?
Are you looking for an opportunity to further your career?
If so then we would like to hear from you.
For an informal discussion, please contact Colin Brown 01273 295297
About the role
Beaconsfield Villas is recruiting 1 full-time (37 hour) Home Care Support Worker
At Beaconsfield Villas we provide 24 hour 7 day a week support for 6 adults who have a learning disability. The service users live in 3 separate flats that
creates a homely environment and our dedicated team of staff work hard to ensure that our residents’ specific needs are met in a caring and sensitive manner and skills are developed in a way that promotes their independence.
Our last CQC inspection rated the service as “good” noting that family and carers were very happy with the staff team and the service that is provided to their family member
About the role
You will join a large team of committed staff in providing high level support to those living at Beaconsfield Villas. The help you provide will be tailored to each individual’s needs and is designed to help them to maintain as much independence as possible.
The work will involve:
- supporting with intimate personal care where required
- keyworking or taking on additional responsibilities
- enabling individuals to participate in a range of activities within the wider community such as swimming, bowling, shopping etc.
- help with cooking meals and general household cleaning tasks, laundry etc.
- assisting with the administration of medication
- completing care records
- using various communication tools to help residents express themselves
- creating and maintaining relationships with family members, carers and friends
You don’t need any formal qualifications or previous care experience for this role as we will provide you with an in-depth induction programme where you will be well supported by your managers and colleagues However, you will need to:
- have a caring and flexible approach to your work
- have good written and number skills
- be able to work well as part of a team
- be able to work on your own initiative and think quickly in a difficult situation
Working for us, we can offer you:
- a generous salary
- time and a half for working at weekends, double time for working on a bank holiday or time and a third for working at night (between 8pm and 6 am)
- the opportunity to volunteer to work extra shifts
- a career average pension scheme
- generous holiday up to 25 days a year
- regular supervision meetings plus
- a range of other staff benefits
You will be required to work a shift pattern including earlies, lates, sleepins and some weekends. Having a full clean driving licence is preferable.