Grade: Scale 3
Hours per week: 8.45am - 3.15pm, Monday to Friday; 0.5 hours per day MDSA duties
Paid weeks per year: 46.94 inclusive of holiday entitlement
Start date: As soon as possible
Fixed term: until 31 August 2020
Closing date: 24 January (midday)
Interview date: 28 January
Completed application forms accepted by email/post direct to the school address:
Graham Avenue, Portslade, BN41 2WN, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we do not accept Curriculum Vitae as a form of application
For further information contact the school office on (01273) 294880
Mile Oak Primary School is a large school in Portslade with 513 pupils on roll. We are currently on a rapidly improving school journey where we are supporting each other to drive school improvement. As a school we believe that it is our collective responsibility to ensure that every child achieves their potential.
Our children demonstrate excellent behaviours for learning and are consistently challenged by the exciting opportunities and creative curriculum that we offer. The School would expect you to share our core vision of thinking big and the school values of courage, respect, ambition and pride and to be fully involved in the life of the whole school.
Criteria - Qualifications/Experience/Skills & Abilities/Equalities
- NVQ 2 for Teaching Assistants or equivalent qualification or experience
- Understanding of relevant policies / codes of practice and awareness of relevant legislation
- Basic understanding of child development and learning
- Experience of working with or caring for children of relevant age
- Experience in the effective use of ICT to support learning
- Good numeracy / literacy skills
- Ability to relate to children and adults
- Ability to self-evaluate learning needs and actively seek learning opportunities
- Work constructively as part of a team, understanding classroom roles and responsibilities and your own position within these
- To be able to demonstrate a commitment to the principles of Equalities and to be able to carry out duties in accordance with the Council’s Equalities Policy
Mid-day Supervisory Assistant (Monday to Friday,0.5 hours per day)
Combined with above posts NJC Scale 1/2 £17,364 – 18,426 (Pro Rata), 43.6 weeks/year
To be responsible for the supervision and to ensure the safety of pupils in all areas inside or outside the school building throughout the midday break.
Desirable skills, abilities and experience
- Ability to work to time constraints.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Ability to support colleagues and contribute positively to team building and working together.
- Ability to listen and to communicate effectively with children.
- Ability to respond and act quickly to varying situations in a calm manner.
Visits to the School are encouraged; please contact the School Business Manager on 01273 294881 to arrange a time.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System.
From 6 April 2011 the Home Office has placed a permanent restriction on the number of migrant workers that all Tier 2 (General) Sponsors can recruit. Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.